Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hmmmmm...

Just spent some time working on my 'profile,' getting all the 'interests' in, then checking on others. I know, the backwards way of doing it, but, I just thought I'd check and see if there is anyone in San Francisco around my age. The old circle of friends begins to shrink as one ages, and most of my old friends are gone. Either dead or moved away or been dragged to some child's home, to rot without old friends. Not me -- they take me out of here in a very small box of my ashes, which will be placed in some Egyptian containers and handed out to family at the memorial a younger friend has planned for me (I wrote a lovely poem for her to read to my children and friends). Too bad I can't be there -- or as Woody Allen puts it, "I don't mind dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Gloria and I once planned a memorial for a friend of hers who was a comedian. We looked up all the funny quotes and jokes about dying and she read those. It was hilarious -- he would have loved it.

Carried away once more. After clicking on 'San Francisco' to see if there were ANY bloggers in my age group, I discovered a rather interesting thing: the average age of SF bloggers seems to be 22 -- definitely quite a bit younger than I -- and didn't see any over around 57. Yep, that's what I find on the street, in bars, everywhere. I've about given up...the younger crowd are not into chatting up an old lady, and older men are looking for all those 22 year old girls -- those fools.

Next I shall turn to 'interests' to see if there are any aging poets in the area, as my poetry group is dying off also, and we need some new blood...oh, we are not equipped with fangs....we are simply looking for a few new poets. We meet on Mondays at 1pm, and read in the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens a couple of times in the summer during the Summer in the Park Festival.

Now that I think about it, perhaps I should be writing this in Craig's List...and I must remember this summer to invite Craig. He is literary I know -- I met him at one of the Litquake things.

No comments:

Post a Comment