Monday, March 23, 2009

Yes, M'am, I am Keeping at It!

Having finished off the cashew nuts, I am no longer interesting to Sylvia Katt, so she has gone to bed, as should I -- oh, dear, there is that 'should' again, the word my psychiatrist friend says not to say. Well, I'm obviously not going to do it, as I am still here typing. Ah, yes, to think I started my working career typing "David the King" for Gladys Schmitt (who actually praised my work), and now I end up typing away daily at the end of my life. I wish I had Mrs.Schmitt here to cook for me. She was a wonderful woman and a great cook. All of the Schmitts were tall and thin, in spite of the fact that they ate like hungry wolves. I ate half of what they did, but I was always the last one at table, as I am a very slow eater. Guess it was my grandmother's fault, she insisted that I CHEW.

I really started out with something to say, but I cannot remember what it was. I had a nice note from the Geek Goddess today...she said her book has a lot of things that are Mac useable. I must get a copy and see. I am still angry with Apple for charging for the basic office stuff with the new Intel chip computers. Also, I cannot use my favorite program on my new Mac (PageMaker) as they didn't upgrade it to System 10. Quite unfair. Happily I could transfer my AppleWorks to the new computer or I would have been up the creek, as all my writing is on this. It is nice though that there are many free programs that one can use. Though I do miss SuperPaint also. Ye gods, I am stuck in the 90s....I, who taught so many people to use the Mac, am suddenly in need of someone to help ME out. I do wish Connie, whom I taught to use the Mac over long-distance to Chicago, would come out and teach me all the complicated things she now knows.

Well, now as I lie in bed, hoping for sleep, I think I shall discuss the next plans for what I am to do -- with myself, of course. I have discovered a great many craft sites online and have a longing to get back to making and designing new things with my healed hands. But I really must get all my books catalogued before I expire. My darling Elvira, who comes to take care of my household on Tues, Thurs and Friday, has been doing a magnificent job of 'finding' things I had forgotten I have, and is such a great help to me, as is my dear Ana, who comes on Sat. and washes my hair. Sylvia doesn't like her, probably because she fusses over me. SylviaKatt hates most people tho, as she is a rather nasty, spoiled brat. Ana doesn't give a damn, luckily. Ah.....well......

No comments:

Post a Comment