Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Few Foolish Notes.....

I just finished skimming a few "Why start a blog" notes from someone who blogs constantly. Have to go through them (long, long) later and find out why. I still don't know why I did. But then, I have said most of my life that I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, and I am an ancient person. So, as Craig Ferguson always says, "Well, what did we learn tonight?"

I learned that I cannot STAND condi rice, who is nattering on to David Rose behind me. I should just turn then off I suppose, but let her continue to tell him how brilliant she is...I know she isn't in SO many ways. I love all her 3 and 4 syllable words, though. Anyone who can stare someone in the eyes and say georgie-poo is a brilliant man, has either a rather small brain or really knows how to lie easily.

I learned about a type of knitting I did not know about...and I have been knitting since I was about six years old -- but then, I think I try to learn something new every day, and usually do.

I learned that Pocahantas means a rotten, spoiled, annoying little brat, and that the woman we know as Pocahantas (if that is the spelling) had another name, but her father renamed her. I guess she annoyed him greatly. However, I further learned that she was a big wheel in her tribe, and her father was training her for greatness. Seems that the native Americans were much more sensible than we civilized people, and believed that women had brains and could become leaders. So there....and there were quite a few women who were tribal leaders. God knows we are tougher than men....they could never live through having a baby, after all.

I learned that sending my housekeeper to Costco for a large container of instant coffee is a very good idea.....well sending her there for wine and cashew nuts and almost anything is a good idea. She has managed to save me quite a bit of money recently, including today.

Now I shall click off Condi and David, and turn to good old Craig, whom I adore. That lovely Scotish accent, although not Edinburgh like my family, sounds so luvly. Goodness, the computer accepted 'luvly!' It didn't like Pocahantas and redlined it. As usual...AH well......

No comments:

Post a Comment