Friday, October 11, 2013

That Must Have Done it...

Here it is around a week later, and I'm fine. Happy as a lark, singing and feeling really happy. Guess getting it out about feeling miserable must work. Well... I'm back to having purple hair, so people see me again. Even had a guy delivering some poor old man into an ambulance, shout out to me, "Hey, I love your hair... nice, goes with the outfit, very pretty," when I was waiting for my cab after my therapy session. And, have had a series of wonderful cab drivers this week and last. Couple of days ago I was going up to Davies in a cab and the driver was playing a wonderful Jobim album. I told him I had been listening to Jobim at home and how much I admired his music. He said he should make me a copy of his CD... I didn't think any more of it, and a couple of days later, Michele and Monet handed me a CD from the little box at my door as they were leaving my apt. It was Jobim... and I couldn't imagine how it got there... so when I was going out to get the mail, I ran into Linda, the girl who handles tenant stuff in the building. She asked me if I had gotten the CD she left at my door... that a young cab driver came in and asked her to give it to a nice older woman with purple hair... and of course she knew it was me. Wish she had just told him where my apt was, so I could have thanked him. He was a darling. 

Then today, I had a darling Hispanic driver who lives out in San Bruno and told me all about his garden and fruit trees, and I told him how to make Hungarian fruit soup... we had a ball driving up to go to see Michelle Spicer, my terrific therapist, who almost killed me exercising. Then... amazing... the same cab driver picked me up to come home and gave me a big hug at the end of the trip. I love the Luxor Cab drivers, they are such fun. Everyone I met today was sweet and kind and interesting... life is good, after all. And Michelle got me in the pool classes for four more sessions... hooray! Now I have to do all the exercises she has given me EVERY DAY... and get out there to the lobby daily and get on the recumbent bike. My poor old back may wear out, but I promised... and I don't want to be like Kirk, and forget half the promises........

And... I have a new correspondent who bodes well to become a friend. All this exercising and letter writing will keep me very busy for some time... and has obviously cheered me up. I guess I do need to get out and see and talk to people... or at least write to someone. I probably should do something about starting a poetry group... and maybe even a social group for older people, as I have discovered a lot of old guys on OKC live in this neighborhood... what a surprize (oh, there I go being English again.) Oh, I am sure they wouldn't like my calling them old... but they are. I have to find out how to put different fonts on here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment