Thursday, August 6, 2009

NO MORE Oxycodone or Perco anything for me!!!

Jeeze....will I ever WAKE UP! Being a good little patient, I took the pills I was sent home with and slept like a log last night. Elvira came at 1:00 pm and I was still sleeping. Got up, limped and hopped in here, had coffee, strawberries and cottage cheese and pill, tried to think enough to write a bit and finally limped/hopped back to bed, falling asleep to the sound of E.vacuuming. Woke up around 6:00, managed to cook potatoes and carrots E had cut up for me, ate them with a bit of chicken, and again almost fell on the keyboard fast asleep. I think I did nod off a couple of times (well, I was listening to first BBC, then Fox online), and I haven't taken anymore pain pills, nor will I until I find out what the hell is wrong with me.

I need to wake up at least the brain, so that I can get started with an outline for my fourth try at the 3-Day Novel Writing Contest, which is coming soon, and I'd like to stay awake for that at least. Also have to write some new stuff for our poetry reading in Yerba Buena Gardens on August 15 at noon. Nancy likes to repeat stuff, I don't. I want ALL new. I'm also planning on writing a play for next year's Fringe Festival, if not before. Where is Joe Bullock when I need him? Have my cast (not one for my foot) lined up... friend Pat, little El-veer-a (unless she panics and runs) and Collie, if he will do it... if his poor foot recovers. He's limping worse than I am. Well, we'll get him a cast!

Ah, yes, I KNOW... I shall just get off here and go to bed and dream a 3-Day, as I have done in the past. Have to remember to throw in a few 'dirty' words. The ones that win are very earthy, so I have to 'clean down' my style I guess. Now, before I manage to fall on my face on the way to bed, I shall bid you goodnight -- is anyone really there? Goodnight air......ah, well.......

No comments:

Post a Comment