Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Go See This, plus yet another injury...

Here is one more great article to go and read:
http://www.alternet.org/media/141685/how_lou_dobbs_scared_rush_limbaugh_off_the_birther_story/

I loved it, and you also get a great clip from Jon Stewart. How scrumptious to have a sagacious man to cut down that bunch of ninnies over at the Faux Network, if it can be called a network... more like the low-class comedy bunch with no brains, a more turgid gang would be hard to find. I am glad that Jon and his whole group, particularly Colbert are there to watch them, so I don't have to.

Now about the INJURY! I did it again -- this time I jumped out of the shower (I MUST learn NOT to JUMP) and landed on my right (or 'good' foot), hearing a sound like one makes stepping on one of those clear plastic glasses. Wasn't a glass, though... it was my foot, obviously screaming at me. Since it didn't get red and swell to twice its size, as the left one had done when I tore the top tendon on the foot in half, I foolishly thought it might stop hurting shortly. It didn't... it also didn't swell a lot, although the arch got a bit puffy, and I couldn't stand on it, as it hurt like hell to bear any weight on it. So I sat, tried to get my doctor and waited for her to return my call. She was just a little sarcastic when I finally talked to her... "Call 911 and get over to Davies' Emergency Room... I can't do an x-ray over the phone, you know." Well, I didn't call 911, as I wasn't about to spend two or three hundred dollars, or whatever the going rate for ambulances is these days (DAMMIT.....get those STUPID 'conservative democrats' to get single payer, universal, DECENT health care -- oh, I forgot, they get decent health care, and they also get PAID BIG BUCKS by the lobbyists to keep the damned insurance companies collecting terrible amounts of money from all of us -- rant, rant, rant!!!).

So, deep breath, Peggy... I called a cab and went over to CPMC's Davies Campus, just up the hill from me (and a hospital I love as they have cared for me in the past), and the driver, a lovely man from Nigeria who thinks S.F. is TOO COLD most of the time -- boy it sure must be HOT in Nigeria, went in and told them to get a wheelchair for me. A nice little tiny Chinese woman finally managed to get me in... She said she loved the way my hair matched my outfit (I was wearing a lavender t-shirt and purple plaid pants) and then asked if I always matched my hair to my outfits. "No, dear, I'm not ready to dye daily" I said, "but most of my clothes are purple."

One thing I love about Davies... I simply gave them my name, signed the usual form and they pulled up my records, put me on a gurney and left me to read one of the Atlantic's I had thoughtfully thrown into a bag. Here's another good read: "Race Over?" by Marc Ambinder from the Jan/Feb 2009 THEATLANTIC.COM. I feel so justified... when I told someone I couldn't stand Tavis Smiley, he accused me of being a racist. NO, I am not, it has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it's his style, personality, etc. that I cannot stand. This article backed me up on that and a couple of other things, like how happy I am to KNOW that Barack Obama refused to pay a number of black 'preachers' to back him, and they turned to Hillary, who DID. Enough said!


After reading the article, I saw the E.R. doctor, then went to be x-rayed by a darling, TALL, slim young man who was extrodinarily gentle with my aching foot. I asked him if he was Swedish or Norwegian, as I thought the nurse had called him Olaf. He laughed and said, "No, my name is David Leibonowsky (or something similar), and I'm Polish/Russian/Lithowanian," and told me everyone in his family got biblical names... boring... and he wouldn't mind being an Olaf. As it turned out, he told me I hadn't broken anything in the foot... the other doctor concurred... they gave me a softer medical sandal to wear home, plus some Percoset to take tonight before going to bed (I got a couple earlier, so I have to wait a bit), and a prescription for more to get my gal to go after tomorrow.

So, I am to stay off my feet for a few days... they will call me if another doctor reads the x-rays and sees something significant (say that several times). My feeling is: why me, why me????? What did I do? Well, I guess I will now read all the rest of the Atlantics and Harpers I have piled up waiting for me to stop getting out and doing something like sitting in the sun. Well, I am teaching Ana to cook. I was given a big bunch of Swiss chard yesterday, so I sat here and typed a recipe for an omelet using it, an onion, a tomato, garlic and basil (all of which I had), then called out instructions as she chopped and cooked, and I had it for dinner before I left for the ER. It was DELICIOUS! And large enough to have the other half for lunch or dinner tomorrow, with a salad I will again call out instructions for to Anastasia, who comes to take care of me tomorrow. Gee, don't you all wish you lived in S.F., so you could have these lovely ladies take care of you when injured?

Just about time to take the next Percoset and get to bed. Sylvia Katt has already told me she is ready to lie on top of me and I should 'meow' come 'meow' on 'meow'...'GO MEOW TO MEOW BED.'
Ah, well...........

No comments:

Post a Comment