Saturday, May 23, 2009

Difficult day

Yes, Barry, life is not fair. That phrase was said to me so many times by my old friend Barry... whose death occurred (as I drove by the town in which he died) the year I moved to California in my motor home, hoping to find him out here. All of my old friends here were long gone. Today I discovered that my friend Chuji from my SeniorNet days is gone...just a short time after the death of my darling 'big brother' Bud. Now I have just written an email to another old friend, and I am praying it doesn't come back as so many have. 'Where have all the flowers gone?'

My darling 'housekeeper' spends a great deal of time consoling me. I'm beginning to feel like my dear little mother-in-law (who was SO much nicer than ANY of her children), who loved to dance. She used to go to a ballroom in Chicago and dated younger and younger men as the old partners died off....I think she was down to one in his late 50s when she died at around 90, still dancing. They said they found her in her bed....I can't believe that -- she died dancing.....

I'm not dancing, but I have to keep moving, Jessie was a great believer in the "keep moving or they might catch up with you..." school of thought, and taught us to run along side her as she moved speedily through life. Must have really upset her to spend her last year with me sitting in one place most of the time. Just as it upsets me not to be able to find so many of the SeniorNet people. I know my friend Evan is gone. He died just as I found out that he had gone to Ashville, N.C. So I just missed him also. Seems to be the story of my life....people go as soon as I finally find out where they are. Wonder if anyone is looking for me, and I will go just as they find me.

Goodbye Grandma Joan, Evan, Chuji, Bud, Jessie, Barry and all the rest.....I miss you a LOT! ah, well.........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy,
    I am sorry I do not know anyone in Saignaw. This is my married name, wich I am no longer married. I will have my children call there Grandparents John and Mary Murray to see if they know of them.
    My son John lives in Walnut Creek are you close to that there in SF? I am thinking about comming there for a vist to see my granddaughter Ava Rae.
    I applyed for a personal chef job there but sence I do not live there I was not even given a chance....lol just my luck. But maybe my luck will change once I get there. I was reading your blogs I was very touched with your prayers. Have a Blessed day Peggy i will let you know if I hear anything about your friends in Mich.
    Regard's
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete