Friday, June 23, 2017

The Guardian -- the real news

Since I have almost no readers this probably isn't worth putting here... but here it is, my note to The Guardian... one of my favorite places online:

To: The Guardian (American Edition) on the internet...

I am a 92 year old woman whose ancestors fought in the American Revolution, living on my meagre Social Security, probably to be cut or wiped out by the trumpians if they can. I carefully prepared for a comfortable retirement, but my money was gambled away by one of the lovely ignorant U.S. 'white men' of trumpian bent, my second husband. Now, those of us left behind must read, listen, learn and continue the fight. You and the others are helping, dear Guardian.

I appreciate your real news and therefore sent you my very small contribution. I hope many others like me also give as much as they can. We need you more each day before the repoops/trumpians shut us all down. You, the NYTimes and New Yorker are about the only reading I do anymore, and since I subscribe to the other two, you should get a bit also. Thank you for your work! Keep it up.
Peggy Cartwright    

If anyone does read my posts... think about contributing, we need this 'paper' (what DOES one call them now? God... when I think of all the old, almost obsolete words I use constantly. Soon to be gone as I shall. Think about it... children looking at you bewildered, saying 'radio' what is 'radio'?... 'newspaper' what is 'newspaper?'... and more daily.)

No comments:

Post a Comment