Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Learned 'Something' Today

Well, I think I did... the main thing I learned is that as one gets to be as old as I am, one often hears directions on 'how to do it' as a lot of 'blah, blah, blah.' I just spent half an hour looking at several how-to's for 'blogger' and got nowhere. Silly me, I never consider all those little icons, as often when I do, I get nowhere. Thank god I seem to still have a sort of intuitive feeling when it comes to how to do it (anything). I actually at last figured out how to put a newer photo of Mark and family on here. The last time I did that was when Charlie was new... and now there is Max to add to the brood. If I haven't mentioned it before, my darling son Mark and his beautiful wife, Melody are now the proud parents of four: clockwise from the top of the latest photo... Callie Elizabeth, age 12; Bella (Isabella Victoria), age 10; Maxwell Raymond, age 9 mo.; and Charles (Charlie) age 7. They are all the joy and delight of Grandma Peg, who wishes she could be with them in person for a bit. My tiny grandmother, Mama Whitney, who fit under my outstretched arm, would simply say, shaking her little finger under our noses, "You're just like all those BIG Cartwrights," as we Cartwrights do tend to be tall. Grandpa Cartwright was one of the tallest men in Port Austin, Michigan, and all of my aunts and uncles were the same... I guess Lancashire people tend to be tall and sturdy. It is a joy to look at my family and see such a bright and beautiful group. I seem to have handed down the best of the family looks and brains to Mark, who passed them on to his kidlets. Well, marrying Melody was a pretty good move on his part, as she is not only a beauty, but also the best mother I know and has brought them up in a way that not only I, but all the Cartwright and Whitney parents and grandparents would applaud. Jessie Margaret Whitney Cartwright, my mother, and their great grandmother would have loved all of these beautiful (and very smart) children to distraction... she used to say, "I like children who can talk to me." Starting with Tom Rodd, she had a lot of grandchildren who could do just that, and this crew fit the bill just as perfectly. I love these kids and miss them terribly! 

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Chanukka, Happy weekend to all....... from the family elder!

No comments:

Post a Comment