Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Exhaustion creepeth in w/the cold......

Yikes, yikes and double yikes......first I couldn't find this 'page'....I seem to spend half my life getting into the wrong place online...and getting myself on strange 'pages' that don't have much to do with me, and failing to use the 'right password'.....and getting lost reading all the fascinating stuff online..... why this evening alone I learned that Gidget, the Taco Bell Chiuahuahua or however it is spelled... died today of a massive stroke at the tender age of 15. How can I get through the evening!!

My friend Connie Fillippelli (remember: all double consonants) (my spelling gets worse!) insisted that I go on Facebook and I have spent the better part of two days either trying to figure out what I am doing, or finding and writing to people I haven't seen or heard from in ages. I guess all the notes got through....although I am still looking desperately for Mildred Schmertz or any of the Schmertzes and cannot seem to find Ginger Wiles anywhere! Are you out there in the atmosphere? I have one friend who is everywhere, is adorable one minute and despises me the next...STOP that! I don't think he reads this tripe though, although he blogs, boy, does he blog.

I am exhausted....partly because of all the people crushing in on me so suddenly...and all the info doing much the same.......and also because we of my poetry group had our big reading in Yerba Buena Gardens...with quite a large crowd in the audience in spite of the fact that it was COLD, WINDY and rather miserable.....first time that has happened in a long, loooong time. We are usually too warm. I had three in the audience cheering me on....dare I say, well, at least three, as the applause was quite good as I finished reading my silly 'nursery rhymes.' Someday perhaps I shall be allowed to read something serious.....maybe in August when we read again in the Yerba Gardens Festival. Wow, Facebook is as exhausting as reading one's poetry.

We went to a Mexican restaurant after the reading, in spite of one large vote against, and all had not only good lunches, but also a good time. Gina, the gal who made the documentary movie i was in, managed to come and came over to lunch with us also. She and Nancy are old, old friends....both look like teenagers....so unfair! I talked about the 'sex film' back in a June post... well we got the DVDs of the film, and I was surprised.....I didn't look that Terrible! I should figure some way to put it online......no, I don't think so.....children can read this! But it was fun, and not too bad. Pat Jones of my poetry group, and I went to see the 'screening' of all the films, and this was one of the better ones. The others were all G rated, of course....things like boats in the SF harbour, and cable car bell ringers, with no mention of s*x. There were only two 'stars' in our film.....an Ooooooold man and me. And the way he talked, he isn't really getting much. Oh, I am so mean! I have been having so much fun lately....and most of it from listening to friends who have a LOT to say....and laughing and joking with my friends.....particularly my "San Francisco Family'....the TODCO Poets, whom I love dearly, one and all. Thank you NANCY!

Somehow, bedtime is getting earlier and earlier. I used to sit up until 2...or 3.....or even more (what is that song?), yet here I am yawning and wiping my eyes....the droopy "Cartwright" left eyelid is making it hard for me to see.....golly, K had the same problem....I miss him too. So, Daddy with the droopy left eyelid....and Jessie, whom I am suddenly beginning to resemble, and K, wherever you are......goodnight, I shall dream of you....and perhaps have a nice conversation that I can relay here next time...........ah, well......... (one never knows, do one....Fats Waller)

No comments:

Post a Comment